HF drill bits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryankelley

Well I am getting a tap and die set from HF as a gift from my girlfriend now I just have to get the bits. Should I get the 115pc hss set or the m2 hss, I want drill brass and aluminum stock for pen parts.

ryankelley

OK the HF bits won't do it, what drill bits will do the job without costing me a fortune. My money goes for school so $200 sets are out and after do a little research it looks like I am going to need fraction,num., and letter. If someone can point me in the right direction that would help out a lot.

dogcatcher

The HF bits will work for most tap work. I use them all of the time, in plastic, steel, brass and aluminum. When I use one a few times I make a note to buy better a quality bit in that size. This way I also have one on hand when I break one on Friday and have to wait until Monday when the hardware store opens.

Same goes with the taps and dies, after I have used a specific size a few times and know I will be using it more, I buy a better quality set in that size. If it is a size I know I will use quite a bit getting the better quality replacements makes sense, because the HF bit, taps and dies are not the same as the better ones. And I see no need to buy the entire set of the better quality ones because some of them I may never use, but I do have them in the HF set.

Top Bottom