Hey Coach

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

How did the beavers do tonight? We managed to pull off another win, we are now into round three of the playoffs! Beat the Milton, FL, Panthers 37-18. Next week we are on the road again but at least it's only 2 1/2 hours away so I get to spend some of my Thanksgiving weekend at home!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coach

Not so good!

I took the worst butt whippin' of my career. It was like a bad dream.

I live a strange life that is real hard to explain. My job is a very emotional ride and rediculously time consuming. I spend most of my time raising other people's kids. After tonite, five boys that I have spent more time with than their parents for the last 6 years won't be there that much. It is too hard to explain how much is put into a football season. Most people see the games, but none of the other hundreds of hours put into it. Tomorrow will be my first day off since August 1st. (no exaggeration!) It is a remarkable thing watching these guys grow from little boys into men. The lessons learned on a football field can only be understood by those that have experienced them. The funny thing is, the A.D. and I were already deciding what we had to fix for next year, and what we needed to accomplish this off season, which basically starts on Monday. The good thing for me is that I'll always have next year. It breaks my heart for my seniors every year though. Hopefully I will get my first full night of sleep in a long time tonite.

Tomorrow I drive to Houston for a wedding. (only because I lost)

Time to start being a penturner again.
Time to start being a husband again.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, Time to start being a dad again!

Sorry this was so long!

Congrats on the win Ray!

Coach, I cannot understand your anxiety over the loss of the game (never coached or played ball) but do understand about the kids you help & then suddenly they are gone. However, you nor the kids are losers, because what you have learned and taught then will take them a long way in life. One day from out of no where one of these guys, all grown up will stop and say, thanks coach, then explain some small thing that oyu said or did that was the turning point in his life. So in advance, thanks coach. Get some rest and enjoy your family again.

Congrats Ray & thanks for your work with the kids also.

tinker

Originally posted by coach
<br />Not so good!

It is too hard to explain how much is put into a football season. Most people see the games, but none of the other hundreds of hours put into it. Tomorrow will be my first day off since August 1st. (no exaggeration!) It is a remarkable thing watching these guys grow from little boys into men. The lessons learned on a football field can only be understood by those that have experienced them.

Amen Coach. Wrestling and track are just conditioning sports for football.[}:)]

alamocdc

Sorry to hear that, Travis. At least you made it TO the playoffs. You know how many coaches end up looking for new jobs because of bad seasons. I'm not saying it's right, just fact. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom