Here's what took place Saturday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
The January Indy chapter meeting is in the books and it was a lot of fun. For those who had to work or had other commitments, we missed you and hope to see you in April. For those who were shy or weren't sure it was worth the trip, it was and we had five new folks who had never been to a meeting and a couple who have never turned at all so come join us. For Chuck, we did miss you. You always added much to the gatherings and, if we have a cookout this summer, we are hoping you can make the trip to cook for us again but you're always welcome.

We had demos on sharpening, using decals in pen making, casting with polyester resin and one on applying a CA finish. There were 32 folks in attendance and several left with great door prizes all of which totaled several hundred dollars worth of quality merchandise. We voted for people who will hold office for the next two years and the results are:

Ron Jones will be our president (IAP Name - rej19)

Dan Mechuta will be the treasurer and (IAP Name – medemt)

Bill Bettag will handle the secretary duties (IAP Name – Wood Butcher)

Ernie Barroga (IAP Name –EBorraga) is a major contributor in the efforts to make the chapter as good as it can be but he doesn't get a title.

It was decided by voting that we meet quarterly and, until further notice, we will meet at the Avon Church of the Nazarenes on Hyw. 36 just West of Indianapolis.

We solicited and received a lot of ideas for future demos and will review them attempting to get to all of them in upcoming meetings. We also received several constructive comments about what we may want to consider doing to improve or expand on the use of the meeting time; we received one not so constructive idea and though it would be very entertaining, it ain't gonna happen Ernie.

We will read and genuinely consider all of your comments and are pleased that you all want to see the chapter thrive and grow. Thanks to everyone who participated, worked to get it done and a special thanks to WoodTurningz, Kallenshaan Woods, Rockler Woodworking, IndyPenDance and the individuals who contributed to the giveaways and prizes, your generosity will be repaid with our business.

If before the next meeting you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact any of us via the IAP website or personal emails.

Ron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It sounds like I missed a great and informative meeting. Bill, if I make it to a cookout, I think someone else should have the honor of cooking. :biggrin:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I just suggested we have some "professional dancers" attend a couple of meetings to help distribute door prizes:eek:

Top Bottom