HERE'S A TIP...LE ROI ELEGANT LB CLICK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
ANOTHER TIP - SPW AMERICAN LIBERTY PEN

MAKE YOUR PEN 100% US MADE BY SELECTING THE VERSION OFFERED WITH THE WORLD FAMOUS FISHER 'SPACE PEN' REFILL. THESE COME WITH THE PLASTIC PIECE NEEDED TO ALLOW THEM TO REPLACE THE SCHMIDT EASYFLOW 9000....ONLY A COUPLE OF DOLLARS MORE.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Something I saw

This might have already occured to some of you but I hadn't seen it before. A turner at a craft show took his cut offs turned them in various shapes and installed a fairly strong button magnet in the bottom and was selling them as refrigerator magnets - he didn't charge much but they don't take much work. He used a strong enough magnet that they work well.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Le Roi-Sierra-Gatsby etc Drill

Most of these kits call for a 27/64th drill bit but that sometimes produces a hole that is a bit oversize. I have found that a 10.5mm or even a letter "Z" drill bit can give you a better fit if you are not painting the inside of the hole. Particularily if your drill press is less than perfect.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
ANOTHER LE ROI CLICK TIP

I assemble the click mechanism and cap/clip assembly before pressing the cap into the barrel - I drilled a 9/32 hole in a block of wood and the click button goes in that when pressing the assembled cap/clip/click assembly into the tube to avoid damage to the click button or the cap. I also put a spot of locktite on the side of the clicker mechansim sleeve before inserting it into the cap.

Top Bottom