Here's a musical gift for a friend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wood Butcher

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
The pastor of the men's ministry at church is a guitar player and will turn 60 this next week. He looks and acts a lot younger than he is and is a good friend as well as a mentor and leader of men. I had fun doing this and found the kit a challange. The frets on the neck of the guitar are individual slices of aluminum that come with the kit as a 1/4" ribbon that is .003 thick. Tweezers and magnifiers are a must. The kit is well made and the instructions are good. I recommend y'all try one.
WB

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 293
  • improved close up.jpg
    improved close up.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 344
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

I've got one of those in the garage - case included. I haven't been brave enough to approach it. Thanks for the post and the tip. Any other learning curves we should know about? : )

I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did! Shoot, I hope it just turns out!

Awsome design.

Danspen

I've done 2 inlay kits i love them but it's frustrating at times trying to assemble and glue them. Well Done.

76winger

Great looking pen Bill! I've been considering that same pen for friend of mine who I used to play in a band with because he really likes playing the guitar and singing. I just recently saw the guitar case / pen case and knew that'd be the perfect match up.

chriselle

Woooh......That's far too weird.

Bill, I build custom guitars for a boutique custom guitar shop in Nagoya Japan called....and get this.....Jive Music Works.....JMW. :eek::wink:

Cool pen BTW. I should "build" one of those kits one of these days.

Attachments

• jmw .jpg
    jmw .jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom