Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boodrow

I think that my compressor must have had some water in the line. When I put this tray in the pot it looked great I checked it the next morning and this is what I found. This is my first time to use AlumaLite. The white foam is from the top and the bubbles are from the bottom of the container.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

Hmm...when you went this morning was the pot still under pressure? Looks like maybe the pressure was gone before the resin was able to harden...but then again, it could be water in the air line

Eugene,

jttheclockman

First off don't you have a water filter on your compressor and if you don't shame on you. Second when you filled the pot you should not get any water to fill it to 40lbs if that is what you are casting at. Unless you are using a huge compressor and then you definetly need a water filter. Third is hope you did not leave the compressor hooked to the pot all night. You should have shut off valves that you close so it does not lose pressure.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I gotta agree with JT, That isn't water from the air. It looks like the cast was full of water. Chola is very porous. One week of sitting won't make it dry if it is still moist when you get it. And since the resin gets HOT it steams the moisture causing bubbles. I've also seen that when one of the additives had water in it. Damp pearlex or the wrong kind of liquid/paste tint.

Top Bottom