Help with Dayacom Pocket Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

Ordered a few of these kits and need a little help. I need to confirm the drill bit size for the tubes. I also need to verify use of the white plastic sleeve in the kit. I saw a post about this pen a week or so ago; but, can't find it with a search. The kit came with no instruction sheet. I think I have it figured out, just checking with someone who may have an instruction sheet and has made one.
Thanks.

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
I've made several, and they sell fairly well, too! :biggrin:

I get mine from Aaron and if you look at the photo on his site, assembly is fairly straight forward, but there are no instructions that I know of.

https://www.laulauwood.net/node/97

The plastic sleeve screws into the cap end and adjusts how tightly/loosely the cap fits...it's what the nib and post ends "click" into.

I'm not at home right now but I'm almost positive I use a 3/8" bit, although Aaron says its a 9.5 or 10mm :wink:

As an aside, if you do the Long Click pens, the tube is the same size...so if you screw up a Long Click then you can cut it down and make it a Pocket Pen! DAMHIKT! :cool:

Hope this helps!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Try Dayacom

Thanks Lee, I had planned on using a 3/8 bit. The sleeve was the main question and you confirmed what I thought. Never hurts to have a 2nd opinion. Thanks.:)

Did you contact Dayacom....they might have instructions they can email or they could have them that you can access on line. Makers seldom sell kits they can't provide instructions for.

Top Bottom