Help with Crossthreaded Nib on Cambridge Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Karl_99

Need some help!!! I think the nib is cross threaded in the nib holder on a Cambridge Fountain pen. I cannot unscrew it by hand.

What is a good way to unscrew without messing up the nib or the threads?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Karl, are you referring to the housing? The nib and feed will pull straight out of the housing. The housing is threaded into the metal section. It would be difficult to cross thread since the housing goes way into the section before contacting the threads

Karl_99

You are right Harry. It is the housing. At this point I cannot turn to advance it or unscrew it. I am worried about scatching or damaging the housing.

plano_harry

Try a warm water bath (for the section:tongue:) That might get you some improvement in differential expansion. A big fat rubber band or that thin rug pad (that looks like a rubber mesh) are super grippers and won't scratch.

Did it come that way, or did you cross thread it? Why do you need to take the housing out? The feed and nib are the serviceable parts. Just trying to make sure I give the right answer.

Karl_99

I need to remove it to screw it in again. It did not screw in all of the way. I will try the warm water bath to see if that helps.

Thanks

Top Bottom