Help Wanted-(needed)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

B727phixer

I bought this piece of wood at a yard sale its 30x22x2 and weighs 22 lbs.
Does anybody recognize what kind of wood it is? Thanks in advance for your help! Sorry My pictures are not very clear, the one on the left is more represenitive of the actual color.:redface:

Attachments

• IMG_unk1.jpg
    IMG_unk1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_unk.jpg
    IMG_unk.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Did it already have a finish? Like was it already made into - like a tabletop? It seems too beautifully stunning to be cut up into little pieces . . er . . . pens.

Looks like a mahogany to me, too. Sometime its easier for me to tell if theres some bark to it.

Not sure what it is, it looks rel nice though. Who cares what you do with it. Its your wood. Make all the pens you want with it, I think you could have some very intersting pens from that.

B727phixer

Did it already have a finish? Like was it already made into - like a tabletop? It seems too beautifully stunning to be cut up into little pieces . . er . . . pens.

Looks like a mahogany to me, too. Sometime its easier for me to tell if theres some bark to it.

Yes it is finished on the photo side,it was going to be a clock I think, there is a hole through the middle and a slot (4x4x1 cut out for the clock mech).
I have never seen mahogany with such contrasting colors. There isn't any bark left on it. I must admit it is pretty, but i'm thinking about making blanks out of it:rolleyes:

Top Bottom