Help My Nephew Out With a Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

My wife comes from a rural town in Illinois. Her nephew (Kyle) is in the running for Athlete of the Year. When they announced the contest while school was still in session and all of the students voted he was at 77%. Then one of the mothers of the other competitors got their panties in a wad and said that people were voting multiple times for him. However, the website keeps track and you can only vote once. The newspaper caved and reset the voting today and it started over from zero.

Kyle's mother (my sister-in-law) also happens to be the business manager for the school district and the same lady has a big beef with her saying she's: losing School District money, embezzling School District money, wasting money on "stupid" stuff like Special Ed., etc. The truth is the State of Illinois owes them over 3 million dollars but is broke and hasn't paid any of the districts in Southern Illinois so she's doing the best she can with what she has. The Superintendent thinks enough of her to put her under contract so if the School Board swings to the crackpot side, she can't be fired without due cause shown in court.

A little about my nephew: He's just finished his Junior year and has been playing Varsity soccer, basketball and baseball since he was a freshman (having 2 older brothers toughened him up just a bit). He was voted Offensive Player of the Year by his soccer team (his brother was Defensive PotY). He was voted MVP by his basketball team and tied for 2nd on baseball. He's also Salutatorian of his Junior class and has invites from 7 different colleges to come to camps this summer for basketball or soccer. He's narrowing it down to schools that offer Nuclear Engineering as that's what he wants to major in. When he's not playing Legion ball in the summer, he and his brother cut lawns for all of the senior citizens in the neighborhood. They use their push mower and borrow my father-in-laws rider and charge them 20.00 for the summer to cover the cost of gas.

If you'd like to help him out, go to Jersey County Journal and look on the left hand side (scroll down just a bit) and look for Kyle Steckel.

Thanks for taking the time for him - he's really one heck of a kid and has 2 brothers just like him (one's starting at ISU on a full ride scholarship and the other just started at Marshall for his PhD in Physical Therapy). I am one proud Uncle and couldn't ask for better role models for my 8 year old son.

Top Bottom