help: fixtures to make ball point pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pepincat

Hello,
I am turning a pen body on a lathe, and I want to then make it into a BP pen, using a G2 cartridge. Does anyone know where to get the hardware to add the push-lock end button and/or pocket clip?

Any help appreciated.
John B
cnc machinist.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

I am assuming BP means Ball point. Generally one buys the hardware and then makes the pen body. I will suggest that you check out the forums pen making library for some great tutorials. We have a number of great dealers that sell the pen hardware kits. Also check for them in the sections devoted to their sales. Smitty's pens and Exotic blanks are two I have dealt with that are members here.

You can also go to Woodcraft web site or Rocklers web site or their local stores.
:clown:

Andrew_K99

Before you get too many suggestions can you clarify what you are indending to do.

Do you want to make a 'kitless' pen (IE no pre-packaged pen kit) and buy the individual pieces or are you looking for a kit to make a pen from? The latter is the common for new turners.

Regardless of which you are doing you might be getting ahead of yourself if you have already turned your desired pen body. Odds of finding a kit or pieces that'll work are probably one in a million.

AK

Top Bottom