Help finding Kit name and source.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BlackPearl

There is a picture of a pen that someone made over at Woodturners Resource that is like none I have ever seen before, the center band and cap end are knurled and the Nib is fluted. It is a two piece pen with turned cap and body the one shown is gold I am sure the Original poster will name that kit when he gets around to it but patients is not my strong point.

Anyone have an Idea on what it might be, and more importantly where he got it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Well that explains the knurlling. I know we have had members that turned thier own parts that knurled them. I had not seen a pen kit that had it. Oh and Woodcraft has it!:biggrin:

Sabaharr

I agree that it looks great but aside from the blade it may not serve much purpose. The screwdriver tips look to be very small, like a jewelers screwdriver (repair your glasses/not very strong), and the ink cartridge doesn't look like it would last very long. Now if they would offer a full up pen kit that looked like that I would be all over it. It is a novelty item. Personal prediction (usually way off the mark) it will come and go, become a penmakers collectors item very shortly.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Probably

I agree that it looks great but aside from the blade it may not serve much purpose. The screwdriver tips look to be very small, like a jewelers screwdriver (repair your glasses/not very strong), and the ink cartridge doesn't look like it would last very long. Now if they would offer a full up pen kit that looked like that I would be all over it. It is a novelty item. Personal prediction (usually way off the mark) it will come and go, become a penmakers collectors item very shortly.
The instructions have the date 5/99 so either it has been hiding in a closet or it's already been around (somewhere) for awhile. It's cute but doesn't look too practical to me.

Top Bottom