Help - El'Grande pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashaw

Any one have the same problem I have been having. Sold two El'grande's and had to replace them for free because the feed breaks just above the treads.

I'am assuming the person is writting with too much pressure on the nid causing the plastic to break.

I am call Breahardwoods tomorrow to see if they have had any problems.

Thanks for any information.
[?]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Can't you just replace the nib for your client? and send the broken nib back to Brea for replacement? I just purchased my first kits from Brea, I always make the first one for me to find the weak links. I've only tested one Streamline Elgrande and I noticed the nib did not flow that smoothly and found myself exerting more pressure than ussuall. I write with a fountain pen all day. From gold nibs to steel, from extra fine to calligraphy. the nib has to flow effortesly without pressure. It did not with the El Grande streamline. Any other testers out there noticed the same problem?

its_virgil

ashaw and others,
I use a fountain pen most of the time and the elGrande gives me the most problems with ink flow of any FP I use. Also, the kit is very sensitive to any glue at all inside the tubes, especially just inside the ends. I broke numerous elGrandes during assembly until I was told about the glue problem. Maybe your two were had slightly broken parts, but not enough to notice, and the breakage finished when the customer began using the pen. Just some thoughts from my experiences.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ashaw
<br />Any one have the same problem I have been having. Sold two El'grande's and had to replace them for free because the feed breaks just above the treads.

I'am assuming the person is writting with too much pressure on the nid causing the plastic to break.

I am call Breahardwoods tomorrow to see if they have had any problems.

Thanks for any information.
[?]

wayneis

The El Grande is my second favorite pen kit, right behind the gent line. Was this kit maybe the Designer kit? They had a problem a while ago where the bottom tube was a tad too short and it would end up a really tight fit and even bend the end of the roller refill. Look at the writing end of the refill and see if its bent or distorted at all. They came out with a new longer tube and it fixed it. In talking to Jim at Berea, he explained that they had modifyed the lower end and didn't take into consideration that the tube would be too short. This only applaies to the Designer Rollerball. Just a thought,

Wayne

ashaw

Thanks for the input. The nib holder breaks in the tube. I tried backing out the nib holder but I was damaging the rest of the pen.

I put a call into BHW just waiting to hear back from them.

The El'Grande is one of my best sellers, I do not want to give up on the line yet. I have a photo soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom