Hello from Western NY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie69

Hello, originally joined IAP a few months ago so I could use the search feature. Been a week end warrior/ occasional turner for a 7 years or so and wanted to try making a few pens. Made a few wooden slim lines and Orion pens with CA finish and wanted to try turning acrylics. Spent some time researching on how to turn acrylics and was a bit nervous due to the numerous stories of blow outs and general brittleness of the material but in the end the acrylics weren't all that bad. Love the fact that acrylics don't need a finish!

Couple of pics of my 1st acrylic blanks. Hardware is Jr Gent ll from CUSA with MonteVerde refills. All work was done on my old Jet mini with the exception of pressing the parts together on a drill press. Blanks were polished with MM, turtle wax rubbing compound and 3M finesse it ll.

A big thanks! to everyone for the vast amount of information available here. First learned about TBC here and I have become a huge fan of the method. Need to work on my photo skills:foot-in-mouth:

IMG_1656_zpsd87db7e6.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Welcome from Texas Charlie! I'd say you have the technique down. Pens look great. There is almost as much information here on pen photography as there is on how to make them. Sometimes I think it takes me as long to make a good photo as it does to turn the pen!

Harry

Top Bottom