Hello from Tucson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RetiredJake

Just joined after browsing the site and seeing the beautiful work being done by the members, and the large amount of tutorial information.

I am a beginning pen turner, and will be soaking up as much info as I can.

I am retired from the US Navy, then retired from GE, and then just started playing around. Have recently started snowbirding, TN in the summer and AZ in the winter, and really enjoy it. Gives me lots of time to ride my motorcycle, and the park in Tucson has a really good wood shop where I can practice making pens and trying out some of the ideas I Have already found on the site. Thanks for making such a wonderful resource.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodgraver

I have to know more about this park with a wood shop! You are living my retirement dream...I want summers here in Washington and winters in Arizona :) I just can't get my mind around how to transport my shop back and forth!

seamus7227

welcome aboard! I was just at a wedding last year in Tucson over at the Hacienda Del Sol, what a beautiful place to be in April!

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

ctubbs

Welcome

Welcome Bryce, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. You mention that you have read some of the site, be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

cwolfs69

welcome Bryce from southeastern VA. I to spent 10 years in the nave, retired from GE and now retired from emergency room nursing. glad to have you in the vortex. it is sure addicting, and seeing the stuff these guys do here does not help get off the fix. lots of help here to.

RetiredJake

I have to know more about this park with a wood shop! You are living my retirement dream...I want summers here in Washington and winters in Arizona :) I just can't get my mind around how to transport my shop back and forth!

The park is Rincon Country West in Tucson. The wood shop has 4 or 5 lathes, large table saw, 3 drum sanders, planner, jointer, router table, 3 band saws, chop saw, down draft table for sanding, and a few work benches. With all of the members it can get crowded at times, but sometimes you almost have it to yourself. Everyone is very helpful and I have seen some beautiful work being done, a lot of inlay work on the lathe.

The park website is Rincon Country RV Resorts - Your RV Resort in Tucson, Arizona.

Jake

Top Bottom