Hello from the West Coast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USN Jet Mech

Just dropping by to say hello to everyone. I currently stationed in San Diego, CA, live in Murrieta, CA, but was raised in Las Vegas, NV.

I received my lathe for my 42nd birthday, this past Oct 2015. For my 41st, I received a Laguna table saw, and that began my foray into woodworking.

I have never taken any formal classes or lessons, just what I see on YouTube and what I read in forums like this and LumberJocks.

One thing that I have learned, this is like a drug. I got a little taste, and now I spend all money I have on it. Weather I am buying wood, kits, tools, whatever, that is where my money goes.

The largest problem I have is the lack of a wood supplier near my home, so any wood I need I am off for a drive of 50 miles.

I have attached photo's of the pens that I have turned thus far. Any comments, suggestions or anything, please tell me.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to join this amazing group of people, and I look forward to getting to virtually know you.

Thank you again,

Dave

Attachments

• Bloodwood.jpg
    Bloodwood.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Cocobola.jpg
    Cocobola.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Leopardwood.jpg
    Leopardwood.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Walnut.jpg
    Walnut.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 118
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

Welcome from across town somewhere! I know full well the pain of trying to find wood in this town. Woodturning is a money pit. A fun, very deep money pit... :biggrin:

dthayer

Welcome from down the road just a bit near Fallbrook! It's great to get some more members in this area.

Nice looking pens!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Dave.

We fully understand the urge to spend money on this hobby. We call it the vortex. :)

Nice pens you posted - I hope to see more of your work in our upcoming BASH contests. Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Bottom