Hello from Strathmore Alberta

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

muckler66

Hello, my name is Bill. I live in Strathmore Alberta, and I am new to this site and have been turning for 2-3 months now. I am hooked, and love seeing others ideas and tips. I will be posting a couple pictures as soon as I get them on the computer.
I have turned a few birch, walnut and maple pens and they have turned out nicely. Now I am trying to add some designs to my blanks. So here is my first question......

I am trying a celtic knot pen....

Everything seems fine when making my cuts and gluing up my inserts. When I start to turn the blank everything still seems to be ok, but once I get down to close to the finished thickness my knots are quite off balanced. I've taken my time and done everything properly, I believe. Frustration is starting......

If anyone has some tips on how to figure out what I am doing wrong please reply.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Bill.

I can't help you on the Celtic knots, but hopefully one of our segmenting folks will offer some suggestions.

darrin1200

Welcome from Ontario Bill.

I've done a few celtic knots, but it's hard to say what is going on. Can you put up a couple of pictures. Maybe of the square blank and the turned piece. It might help identify whats happening.

Top Bottom