Hello From Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BryanOH

Hello from Mason, OH. I've visited the site a few times and was recently encouraged to join by a very helpful member who I ran into at a local Woodcraft store this weekend. I wish I had caught his name...

I've been looking for a way to get creative. I'm not much of an artist unless you consider symmetry an aesthetic. I purchased a Jet 1014L on a whim and just finished spending twice the lathe's cost in accessories to get it ready for turning pens. I hope to read a lot, contribute a little and keep all of my appendages in their factory original locations! I look forward to learning as much as I can from the community.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BryanOH

Wow, lots of replies. I like an active community. I see a few from my area, too. For the locals, what local events/associations/meetings do you recommend for a beginner? I have more interest than time but I know the best way for me to learn is to look, listen and try it myself. Recommendations are greatly appreciated!

thewishman

Welcome! When I first started, I asked to visit a couple of local turners to show me the basics - they were great to me and helped me learn a lot, quickly.

If you are ever on the east side of Columbus, you're welcome to visit.:)

ottotroll

Hi Brian, and welcome!
I am the member you ran into at Woodcraft this past weekend! This has been a great hobby for me, and the people here have been great! If you need anything, feel free to PM me, or I can send you my number -
Welcome!
Richard

Top Bottom