Hello from Louisville, KY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbellis001

I grew up in Tompkins County, New York where Cornell University and Ithaca College reside in Ithaca NY. I and my family moved to Louisville, KY 6 years ago and we love it here. It's nice not measuring snow in feet anymore (knock on wood).

I am fairly new to pen-turning/lathe-work, but not new to woodworking. Woodworking is in my blood. My great-grandfather and his brother used to hand-make sailboats for rich people in Brewerton, NY a long time ago. I remember when visiting, jumping into the huge pile of cedar shavings at the back of the shop - loved that cedar aroma.

My 2-car garage cannot accommodate a vehicle of any kind it's so full of tools (and dust). My father-in-law got me started on turning over 2 years ago, and along with any other kind of woodworking I'd try, I absolutely love seeing a raw piece of wood turn into something beautiful, and in most cases, useful too.

I've made many pens out of all sorts of exotic and domestic woods, along with bottle-stoppers/openers, vases, egg-shaped kaleidoscopes, peppermills, and recently, ear gauges (can't see myself wearing them myself, but to each his/her own).

I was glad to find this forum recently and I am looking forward to picking veteran brains here.

Attachments

• Egg kaleidoscope-cocobolo-Costa Rica.jpg
    Egg kaleidoscope-cocobolo-Costa Rica.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Eric Edwards

Hello

Hey, Bet I could learn some things from you. Maybe we could meet sometime and consult each other. I am in Louisville as well. Been turning pens for a few years and ready to branch out a bit. Lets talk soon.

Top Bottom