Hello From Long Island, New York

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikedealer

Hello Everyone. Mike From Long Island Here. Been wood turning as a hobby for many years, started as a kid, gave it a rest for many years.. unpacked my old lathe and been turning mostly small things for a couple years now. Been lurking on the site for a while, mostly in the "other things we make" category, because i never had a interest in making pens (sacrilege i know). I make alot of pipe tampers and small "lathe assisted" carved pieces like chess figures, figurines etc.

Well as of recently, i got into calligraphy and don't like options and feel of alot of pens, and wanted to get into turning pens for myself and maybe couple as gifts etc. I know nothing about pen making other than the couple dozen hours of youtubes videos ive been binge watching the last few days haha. About to place order for some supplies etc once i get a good list of what i need.
Thanks All!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Welcome to pen turning, and to IAP !!! ... Need any kit/supplies advice ? Just ask ... people here love to chat :biggrin: !!

mikedealer

Thanks! i will definitely do that. looking to identify 1-2 pen kits i really like, only have like etsy pictures, cant seem to find the kits amongst all the stores i am finding. They may be frankensteined pens from multiple kits haha.

TonyL

Hi Mike. Welcome! I am originally from Queens, then moved to Port Washington/ Manhasset before moving to sunny Alpharetta. Welcome again!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas.
If you can't identify a pen that you like, post a link to its photo & we'll see if we can help.

mikedealer

Hi Mike. Welcome! I am originally from Queens, then moved to Port Washington/ Manhasset before moving to sunny Alpharetta. Welcome again!

i was in port washington the other day tony, up there to visit a client right on the water, i live in hicksville now. Thanks for the welcome!

Ed, i will find some links and post them up in the proper section, many thanks again

mecompco

Welcome! I'm brand new to pens as well, and watched lots of YouTube like you. There is a learning curve, I'm finding ;-) So you do tampers? Those along with snuff spoons are in my future plans--not to mention pipes.

Regards,
Michael

Toni

Welcome from New Jersey!! I have relatives out on the Island, Jericho. I make polymer clay blanks. Have fun thats all that matters :)

Top Bottom