Hello from India

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP community. Where in India are you from? I used to visit Solan, north of Chandigarh up in the foothills of the Himalayas almost once a year. - Dave

Sri Pens

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP community. Where in India are you from? I used to visit Solan, north of Chandigarh up in the foothills of the Himalayas almost once a year. - Dave
Thank you for your greetings. Namaste . I am from the southern part of India from a place called Hyderabad. Next time please do plan to visit south for some very beautiful and scenic places .

Alan Morrison

Mohan, you are welcome.
Visit the Library if you havent already. You will find it under 'Resources'.
Plenty of pen making information there.

Alan

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Mohan, from Mississippi. I look forward to seeing some of your work. I always have an interest in seeing some of the differences in techniques and designs from around the world.

egnald

Thank you for your greetings. Namaste . I am from the southern part of India from a place called Hyderabad. Next time please do plan to visit south for some very beautiful and scenic places .
I have also been in the South, but just not as frequently. I have a strong connection to India as one of my daughters is from the area West of Bengaluru. Although the company I worked for had a factory in Pune, I was never able to visit there. Although my travels were mostly to Chandigarh and Solan, I spent a little bit of time in New Delhi and in Jaipur - Dave.

Sri Pens

Welcome. Is pen turning big in India?? What brand lathes are you able to get?
Pen turning as a hobby isn't popular yet. Kits need to be imported since I could not find any manufacturer yet. However there a few good Bespoke pen turners and brands emerging .

Regarding lathes , there are good metal lathes available but the wooden ones are very rudimentary .I know few who have imported Jet while mine is a Jet too

Top Bottom