Hello from France

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnluc

Hi, my name is John i am a Londoner living in France, retired early 7 years ago and moved here with my wife,daughter,son in law and 2 grandchildren started woodturning about 3 years ago, turned a few pens and managed to sell some,
found this site and was knocked out at the standard of pen turning on here and the extensive knowledge of the members,would like to have a go at casting my own blanks sometime soon, just need to find supplies etc, not
easy in France will probably have to source from UK.
johnluc

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi John, I'd say welcome from Wales, but I'm currently in Scotland....so hello from beautiful Oban.:biggrin: My wife and I have often thought of moving to France but my trip to Oban today reminded my why I love Scotland so much. :biggrin:

ericofpendom

Hi John, welcome aboard. You should find all you need on here to keep you inspired. Have you moved to the French or English part of France? I considered a move a couple of years ago but couldn't raise the funds, still working for a living but would love to move to the peace and quiet of rural France.

I use a company in Sandbach, Cheshire for my resin supplies but you will probably be better off using one of the south coast companies.

Eric...

ironman123

Welcome John, from Central Texas. There are articles of interest in the library and many people here to assist you when you decide to try casting.

Ray

johnluc

Hi John, welcome aboard. You should find all you need on here to keep you inspired. Have you moved to the French or English part of France? I considered a move a couple of years ago but couldn't raise the funds, still working for a living but would love to move to the peace and quiet of rural France.

I use a company in Sandbach, Cheshire for my resin supplies but you will probably be better off using one of the south coast companies.

Eric...

Eric,living in french part of France in the S/West in the Vienne on border of the Limosin nearest neighbour 1/2 mile away nice and quiet,brew my own real english ale, woodturning, golf, fishing, loving it:)
and a big thanks for all the welcomes
johnluc.

Top Bottom