Hello from England

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jimbo.

Hello all, just a little bit about me, I live in Norfolk England I am 27, I have been a cabinet maker from school and I have just got into turning, I have been turning bowls and a vase but now I'm loving turning pens! Going into my shop and coming out with a finished pen a while later, I am hoping to learn lots from everybody here and I'm already making a 360 segmented pen blank, here are a few of the things I have made, thanks for reading!

IMAG0050.jpg

First few pens, olive wood, zebrano and cherry with celtic knot,

IMAG0355.jpg

Maple, mahogany and cherry vase 272 pieces

IMAG0354.jpg

My first acrylic pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericofpendom

Hi Jimbo and welcome aboard. What are you doing up so late? Looks like you have made a great start at turning. Keep showing your stuff. Everyone on here is great and always ready to help.

Eric...

Jimbo.

Hi Jimbo and welcome aboard. What are you doing up so late? Looks like you have made a great start at turning. Keep showing your stuff. Everyone on here is great and always ready to help.

Eric...

I'm up so late because I think I'm addicted to pens! Its all I can think about, I think I should get some professional help, that's why I'm here!

We want find any help here to recover from this addiction. I promise. But lots of help to grow in it. And lots of insperation. Welcome the madness. And we have a lot of fun too.

Jimbo.

Thanks everyone, I'm still watching videos on you tube now, 1.30am here, I would like to have a go at casting some of my own blanks, like a burl and resin blank, does anyone have a link to any videos on it?

Boz

You are onto a great start. Your pens or spectacular and the vase is top shelf. Keep up the good work and don't stop being creative.

ericofpendom

I'm up so late because I think I'm addicted to pens! Its all I can think about, I think I should get some professional help, that's why I'm here![/QUOTE]

We have all been there Jimbo. Over time it does get a little easier, until the good weather comes and it's not too cold to stand in the garage, then it just comes right on back. As yet there is no known cure.

Eric...

Top Bottom