Hello from Chicago!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobostro61

Just wanted to say hello to all of you. I just got my first lathe (a Rockler Excelsior) in early December 2012. I actually got it to hand make pipe stems for the tobacco pipes I make. Since its a bit cold out to spend several hours at a time in the garage making pipes, I decided to try out making bowls and pens after watching some YouTube videos on lathe turning. I didn't think I would, but it turns out that I'm really enjoying making pens!

I've been doing it for about two weeks now and have managed to destroy 5 pens and made 5 decent (newbie) pens. My two favorites I made just today with acrylic blanks (Gatsby Grande Twist Pens from PSI). My wife immediately took ownership of the first and the second is going to my brother-in-law. He just had to have one after seeing the one I made that my wife now owns.

Coming across IAP today, I just had to join! I was feeling kind of "out on my own" starting out making pens. Now that I found IAP, I now have what seems to be an excellent resource for learning more about the technique and art of pen making.

Thanks so much for letting me join the forum!

Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom