Hello from Baltimore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PWKerns

Hello! I'm a fountain pen enthusiast with some wood turning and metal machining experience and am hoping to learn about pen turning with the goal of creating some kitless acrylic fountain pens in the future. Very happy to find a group of folks who are so passionate about pens!

No workshop currently but I'm investigating some options. It would be possible to setup a small workshop in my basement but for now learning is mostly what's in my financial and time budget.

Patrick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Imaginethat

Welcome Patrick. Maricopa here. Be very, very careful. Turning pens can turn into something rewarding and fun. Lots of different characters here that will help you.

longbeard

Welcome to the madness Patrick
It's a vortex so hang on :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We have a aunt that lives in Towsend MD

Harry

PWKerns

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm definitely not interested in selling pens but would like to be able to make them for myself and as gifts for others - and to gain a deeper understanding of fountain pens.

If anyone in the area turns pens and would be ok with me hanging out while they work and asking questions some weekend, I can bring beer/tea/soda as thanks!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Patrick, welcome from Ohio.

I have just started using fountain pens and I must say that they are nice! Takes some effort, but it is well spent!

Have FUN!

Russ Hewitt

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm definitely not interested in selling pens but would like to be able to make them for myself and as gifts for others - and to gain a deeper understanding of fountain pens.

If anyone in the area turns pens and would be ok with me hanging out while they work and asking questions some weekend, I can bring beer/tea/soda as thanks!

I'm in Pasadena, if that isn't too far for you. I am a relative beginner, but you are welcome to use my gear and learn with me. Shoot me a pm with your number.

Top Bottom