Hello fellow turners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sam@CSUSA

Hi all! My name is Sam, I work as a technician for CSUSA. I've been working there for a little over 3 years. I'm hoping to learn a lot from you all here on the forums since you've definitely been doing this longer than I have! :biggrin:
I've posted some recent projects here and I'd love some feed back, possibly a few critiques on what I can improve on! Please feel free to ask me any questions!

Attachments

• Gent-Black&White Marble.jpg
    Gent-Black&White Marble.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 363
  • Panache-Zebrawood.JPG
    Panache-Zebrawood.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 361
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David M

welcome , nice pens . the first one has a blue tone to the picture ( could just be the stand its on ). I like the second one in the wood with the imperfection in it , gives it charator . both looks to have good fit and finnish.

bitshird

Hi Sam those are some nice looking pens, you fit appears to be well turned and you finish is nice, what did you use for a finish on the Panache??

omb76

Hi Sam - Welcome! Nice looking pens. Could just be me but I think I see the brass tube showing through on the acrylic pen. I always paint both the inside of the blanks after drilling as well as the tube itself. Different colors give different effects.

The Panache pen looks great too! I like the kit/wood combination.

OKLAHOMAN

Welcome, nice pens,fit looks good and the blue cast could be you need to adjust your white balance. Be sure to ask any questions you think of we don't bite! And hopefully we can do the same of you if we have questions of CSUSA....

markgum

welcome to the fun. now you can just have CSUSA, keep your paycheck for pen parts. :biggrin:
looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome to IAP, CSUSA has been a good supplier for a long time, maybe we can get an inside from you now and then.

Nils used to be on IAP when he was at CSUSA, he was a great guy and is missed by many, say Hi if you hear from him

PenMan1

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the IAP! Those are some good looking pens. Where did you purchase the components for these?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sam@CSUSA

I used a CA Finish on the Panache.
You can definitely see the brass through blank on the Gent... Not my favorite one I've done. I'll have to try painting them next time. Any tips on what to paint them with?
As for the coloring on the pictures, I took them with my phone... No real way to adjust the white balance though :frown:

bensoelberg

I did the exact same thing, with the exact same blank on an artist's sketch pencil. http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74010 A lot of people will use modeling paint (Testors) to paint either the tube, the inside of the blank or both. Welcome to the IAP!

I used a CA Finish on the Panache.
You can definitely see the brass through blank on the Gent... Not my favorite one I've done. I'll have to try painting them next time. Any tips on what to paint them with?
As for the coloring on the pictures, I took them with my phone... No real way to adjust the white balance though :frown:

omb76

I just use cheap spray paint from Dollar General. It coats well, and dries really fast. I usually do 2-3 coats per blank just to make sure everything is covered, then let dry overnight before gluing the tubes in. I mainly use white and black paint. White will keep the blank true to its original color while black will darken it and sometimes give a really dramatic effect.

MarkHix

Howdy and Welcome!
I paint the tubes and the inside of the blanks w/ whatever cheap spray paint is handy in the right color.......Now about my super special discount.....

Lenny

Pens look very nice! Given that the pics came from a cell phone you get a "pass". :biggrin:

Along with painting the inside of the blank and tube, I will sometimes mix a drop of the paint with the 5 min epoxy when gluing the tubes in.

Welcome to IAP!

IPD_Mrs

Welcome to IAP Sam. It's good to have CSUSA represented here on the forum :) and we hope that you'll enjoy your time here!!

Nice line up on the pen and painting will definitely help you out - some just use the chameleon tubes but understand that will still leave you open to seeing the "glue bubbles" through the blank.

Look forward to your input and as Roy said we don't bite so ask anything you like of us and I'm pretty sure we'll be doing the same!

Linda

glycerine

I'm a little late in seeing this, but Welcome. I agree, it's good to have someone here from CSUSA. Hopefully you've got some pull with upper management!

Top Bottom