Hello all, thanks for having me, I am from the UK and started pen making when I retired 2 years ago.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

malcmjm

I have been trying to master the art of label casting, I am using waterproof labels but after pouring the resin into the moulds the stickers start to come undone. I have heard that applying a small amount of UV resin along the seam and curing it under a UV lamp could solve this problem. Has anyone tried this method ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Welcome from ILLINOIS, make sure you're leaving at least an 1/8" overlap with your labels. I like to roll over the seam with a pen or tube to press it together a bit. Also, Make sure you're not touching the edge of the labels. The oils in your skin can create a weak bond in its adhesives. Best of luck and feel free to message me if you have more questions.

howsitwork

Welcome along Malcolm.

Label casting is a whole new rabbit hole I've not explored yet but when I retire ……!

Good luck and pleased update us on your methods 🙏

Lew

Hi and welcome from Texas. I've got the equipment to do casting but so far haven't tried it. Best of luck and as said above, follow John's advice on casting.

Woodchipper

Welcome. I retired in 2009 and can't figure out when I had time to work!
Funny for you Brits: Our church had a dinner with fish and chips. Turned out it was fish and crisps! To us Yanks, chips are french fries.

sorcerertd

Welcome from North Carolina, USA! While I can't offer experience with label casting, I can say that you are in the right place to find out about any aspect of penmaking.

Top Bottom