Hello all, I look forward to working with you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Porosis

Hello all,

I'm a new (less than a year) pen turner from Colorado. I'm starting slow and trying to build an inventory to sell. I have a Harbor Freight lathe (that I'd like to upgrade) and have started to upgrade my chisels a little bit at a time. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for you all and look forward to our collaboration.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Welcome aboard!

Lots of extensive knowledge and experience to take advantage of. Several of us sell online and at local craft shows. You can find threads on the topic and are always welcome to ask questions.

I look forward to seeing your work!

Alan Morrison

Welcome Brady.
There's plenty of great information in the Library.
You can find it under 'Resources' if you havent already.

Woodchipper

Welcome. My first lathe was from HF. However...one of the top turners in our now defunct AAW chapter had a HF lathe and turned out some outstanding items. Consider how things were turned on foot treadle lathes.

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC! I think you'll get a lot of miles out of that HF lathe. Save your money for all those accessories, keep the chisels sharp, and worry about an upgrades later when you know what you really want to invest in. There's a thread or two about "what I wish I knew when I started" that will help save you money and frustration.

howsitwork

Welcome Brady

explore the options you've got and if possible join a club ( chapter in USA ? ) and then you can try out and decide what WORKS FOR YOU before spending . Then again if you need to drop hints re birthday/ father's day / anniversary / christmas you can get a lot at NO cost to you ( in theory until the credit card bill drops anyway 🤷‍♂️) DAMHIKT 🥹

Hippie3180

Welcome! There's so much to learn here and such great folks too!

I started out with a HF lathe as well, it was serviceable, practical and affordable and did the job.

Top Bottom