Heirloom Kit Selection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyW

It is coming up to a friend's 50th wedding anniversary and as he gave me a lot of support when I was going through a very bad patch I want to give them something special that they can pass on as a family heirloom if they want.

They are both working part time, a lot of which is hand written and so a his and hers pen set for them came to mind, naturally. Whilst he is a retired policeman and likes chunky pens, she is quite petite however and so I need two matching but differently sized pens, fountain pens for the moment. They also need to be high end kits too of course!

Looking at pictures of completed pens or on the Internet is one thing but actually holding them and writing with them is another, so I am hoping to get some recommendations here please. Some of the UK retailers carry a few of the PSI kits, and even some of the Craft Supplies kits, but I am happy to purchase from abroad for other manufacturers kits, as I do from Timberbits in Australia.

TIA,

Tony Wells.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

For matching full and mid-size pens I would select the Statesman and JR Statesman. Simple and elegant, and not too much "bling".

Wade

magpens

I would suggest the Jr Statesman or the Jr Emperor for him, and an Elegant Sierra or an Aero for her since she is petite.

My favorite high-end pen is actually an Emperor, but I think it is just too big to be a practical writing pen for everyday.

From the Timberbits current offerings, the Roman Harvest would be good for him but I don't see one that would be a suitable choice for her, IMO.

TonyW

Thanks gentlemen! Personally I don't like screw on pen posts, as I think the exposed thread when the pen is closed looks cheap and ugly, even on these high end pens, so I'll go with the Emperors instead. Do we have any group members who sell them though please, to 'keep it in the family' as it were?

Tony.

jttheclockman

Thanks gentlemen! Personally I don't like screw on pen posts, as I think the exposed thread when the pen is closed looks cheap and ugly, even on these high end pens, so I'll go with the Emperors instead. Do we have any group members who sell them though please, to 'keep it in the family' as it were?

Tony.

You are from the UK, why not check out Timberbits over there. The Roman Harvest and the Spring Blossom are very nice kits. Dave is a member here.

TonyW

Tony.

You are from the UK, why not check out Timberbits over there. The Roman Harvest and the Spring Blossom are very nice kits. Dave is a member here.

Actually Timberbits is in Australia, rather than the UK, but I have bought quite a few kits from them, including a Roman Harvest that I still have to make up. As someone else said in another post, it gets confusing with so many different names for very similar kits, so what would be an equivalent kit to the Roman Harvest please?

Tony

jttheclockman

The Cambridge is it kin

1_IMGP0743.jpg

Top Bottom