Heavy Hauler for the Farm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

Got a request for a new farm truck from a local farmer :wink: . Probably needs it haul hay for his cattle.:cool:

Solid Walnut chassis, Solid Cherry fenders, doors, cab and hood, solid Maple headlights, wheel spokes and hub-caps. Hub-caps have birds-eye maple accents, wheels and tires are solid Black Walnut. Radiator, bed, and racks are solid Oak. Clear photo later but the steering wheel is Maple surrounded by Black Walnut. All in all a very "solid" vehicle. Should give lots of great service. It measures 21L x 8W x 7.5T.
IMG_0546.jpg

Centering and fitting up a fender.
IMG_0425.jpg

Note that it has dually rear wheels. Will provide for handling of very heavy loads.:biggrin:
IMG_0496.jpg

Parts drying after finish application.
IMG_0521.jpg

Note that it has 4-Wheel drum brakes which will be necessary for those extra large loads.
IMG_0522.jpg

"Continued in next post"

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

Heavy Farm Truck Continued

The interior, Solid Walnut seat(doubt that it is very comfortable but then again it is a farm truck. A good view of the custom steering wheel.
IMG_0530a.jpg

Head lights have opaque lenses(large buttons) for greater light spread over the hay fields.
IMG_0531.jpg

The Walnut tires and rim have the traditional 12 spoke hub. Good view of the Birds-eye Maple hub-cap accent.
IMG_0534.jpg

The truck is also very puzzling. It completely disassembles which will probably make it easier to fit in the garage.
IMG_0530.jpg

A telephoto shot to give better perspective.
IMG_0539.jpg

As always C&C appreciated and expected.

OOPS

While the whole truck is beautiful, I must say that I am awe-struck with the wheels and tires! They look fabulous. Then when I saw the tread grooves, I had to laugh because I had never considered doing something like that for added authenticity. You really have an produced an outstanding piece and I am sure it will "outlive" the factory warranty!

Thanks for posting this, it made my day.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Opaque Lights! :tongue:... Yeah Right! None of my trucks had "ope-aque" lights...I was happy if I had nighty-brighty lights.

How Cool!!! Some Grand child will be very happy!!!

Very excellent Truck!!! And... The pictures were great to see the progression.

Top Bottom