Heart double twist disassemble

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensbymdsmith

The twist mechanism in the Heart Double Twist keeps turning so I am going to have to replace it. How do you get it out? The twist is in the cap on this one and is threaded. I have not disassembled any type of twist pen before. Help please.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

Place the pen on a (semi-) hard surface so the refill cannot extend, press the bottom barrel down and and unscrew the top. The large (8mm) round-top designer from Berea will do the same thing - prolly the same transmission. But once that pen is pushed together, there is no pulling it apart again.

pensbymdsmith

I don't guess I understand. The transmission is pressed into the cap. It has treads inside the transmission to screw down to the bottom half of the pen. The top of the cap has a peace that is pressed in and it has treads for the final. I hope that makes since.

pensbymdsmith

I bought another kit today and I think I know how to take it apart. The treads the the final screws into is pressed into the top of the cap and the transmission is pressed into the end of that. I thought the transmission was pressed into the cap, but it's not. I should be able to tap the final out and the transmission will either come loose or come out with the final.

Top Bottom