Harry Potter wand pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mapletree

I'm going to make a wand with a twist pen like making an 11" desk pen. Just asking if anyone has made this and what might be different from making a desk pen.

randyrls

I have made "long handled" pens kind of like the old dip pens. Just need a longer piece of material. No reason to go longer than the normal pen length.

Hmmmm.. I wonder if there are antique brass pen nibs?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
You can pretty much make one-piece pens any length or shape you want. I've never made a wand-shaped pen, but I've made a few desk-pen styled slimlines and I made this magnum wine bottle shaped Sierra pen a few years ago. It sits on a shelf in my shop.

Attachments

• 2044E357-D927-4A36-9FF3-48B899C0E63C.png
    2044E357-D927-4A36-9FF3-48B899C0E63C.png
    502.2 KB · Views: 52

jttheclockman

You can pretty much make one-piece pens any length or shape you want. I've never made a wand-shaped pen, but I've made a few desk-pen styled slimlines and I made this magnum wine bottle shaped Sierra pen a few years ago. It sits on a shelf in my shop.
Yea remember than one. Drew some comments for sure. :)

egnald

Not too long ago, I made a long desk pen from a PSI Premium Designer NT kit. I used two blanks. The first was cut to the length of the lower tube, but I left the second one 5-inches long and only drilled deep enough to accomodate the upper tube. I prefer the Premium Designer over the "Regular" Designer's because it uses a Parker type refill.

On this first one I used the center band from the kit; however, the next time I make one, I will be eliminating the center band and simply drilling a shallow counterbore in the upper blank instead. Sort-of merging two modifications into one.

This is the "Long - Closed End" Premium Designer NT that I made as a Desk Set.
IMG_1437 Cropped.jpg

This is the Premium Designer NT with the "No Centerband" modification.
IMG_3752 Cropped.jpg

With the extra length (closed end) and the "mostly wood" construction without the center band I think it might be shaped to make an attractive magic wand that incorporates a pen.

Regards,
Dave

Top Bottom