Hardwood/Supplies in Kissimmee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Schtick

I thought I would compare wood prices while I was on vacation, especially for local hardwoods. I cannot find a woodworking supply in the phone book. What do you forum members do down here for supplies? I guess thank goodness for the internet. If you have a local shop please reply, only here for a couple more days.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

I think the "retail" opportunities are pretty weak around there.
I've heard of a couple of large commercial distributors near Orlando--they sell to
larger accounts and sometimes allow cash sales. (e.g., McEwen or Cramer).
There are lots and lots of small mills around the state and folks literally working out
their backyards.
I'd suggest going to Woodfinder.com and seeing what shows up.
Then, look at Craigslist.org under "mat" (for materials) -- usually lots of folks selling wood that way.
Also, I've learned that tree surgeons can have good local wood for sale.
BG Sawmill up in Eustis should be worth visiting.
There's also a place called Kempfer's Sawmill in St. Cloud but I've don't know anything about it.

HaskellG

hardwoods florida

amazon exotic hardwoods inc, 328 commercial st, casselberry, fl 32707 bring them up on line......same but dot com....

Last edited:

Longfellow

I think the "retail" opportunities are pretty weak around there.
I've heard of a couple of large commercial distributors near Orlando--they sell to
larger accounts and sometimes allow cash sales. (e.g., McEwen or Cramer).
There are lots and lots of small mills around the state and folks literally working out
their backyards.
I'd suggest going to Woodfinder.com and seeing what shows up.
Then, look at Craigslist.org under "mat" (for materials) -- usually lots of folks selling wood that way.
Also, I've learned that tree surgeons can have good local wood for sale.
BG Sawmill up in Eustis should be worth visiting.
There's also a place called Kempfer's Sawmill in St. Cloud but I've don't know anything about it.

Kempfer specializes in cypress and cypress mulch. I do sell a lot of local woods cut to pen blank size on Ebay. But it is dead in the summer so I have let my inventory drop pretty low. I live in St. Cloud. Picture is Orange wood,(citrus).

Attachments

• IMG_3864 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3864 (Small).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 135

patsikes

If you want to come down to the Tampa Bay area here are a couple for you:

http://www.cocoboloinc.com/
Have not been here but from what I hear it is a great shop.

http://woodturningblanks4u.com/
I have bought from him several times. Mostly local (FL, GA) woods, sustainable harvested from damaged or unwanted trees. He has lots of bowl and hollow form blanks plus some between center and pen stock. Call or email to setup a time to visit his home based "store".

joeatact

amazon exotic hardwoods inc, 328 commercial st, casselberry, fl 32707 bring them up on line......same but dot com....

Been to there warehouse nice wood and friendly folks..Near apoka, fl

SDB777

For local hardwood, you might try looking for someone that sells firewood? As odd as it sounds, some of my coolest wood has been rescued from the fireplace!!!

Scott (and it might been cheap too) B

Top Bottom