Harbor Freight Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Now, I wouldent use that with a pickle jar. KIDDING, KIDDING!

pie_face.gif

cozee

Got it, except I got mine for $8.50 shipped off ebay. I don't use it with a throw away pickle jar either!! I use a Ball or Mason!!!!!![:eek:)]

chigdon

Just so everyone knows that is not a vacuum pump but a Venturi. It creates a vacuum when attached to a compressor. I am not sure if it creates enough of a vacuum for what we are looking to use it for or not. Still a great price.

smoky10

Skye, you're trying to get things started again, aren't you??? [:D][:D]
Chris it says it will pull 28.3" of mercury. If it can that is all you need, but I'm a little skeptical.

cozee

I can get mine to pull a constant 27-28". But it does take a good compressor to do this. I don't think the cheap-o diaphram units will do it because they don't typically supply enough cfm nor do smaller piston compressors. Ive got an old 60 gallon Quincy twin that outweighs a Harley and it supplys 15 cfm at 90psi so I have no worries.

Cozee,

That's a heckuva price. Was this someone selling just one or selling regularly?

Yep, the price was right. I got it off an individual. It was new and still in the box!! But even the regular HF price of $14.99 is a good deal. On the Matco truck this same unit is $85!!! And when compared to a full blown 110v vacuum pump at $250-$300, well, one doesn't have to think to long on this one!! That is as long as one has the proper air compressor so as to pull a good deep vacuum.

alamocdc

Originally posted by chigdon
<br />Just so everyone knows that is not a vacuum pump but a Venturi. It creates a vacuum when attached to a compressor. I am not sure if it creates enough of a vacuum for what we are looking to use it for or not. Still a great price.

It creates plenty of vacuum. There are several of us that use one of these. I recently acquired a Thomas Gast vacuum pump and I would never dream of hooking it up for my acetone/plexi mixture b/c I'm not sure the diaphrams would hold up to the acetone vapors.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
The HF unit for ten bucks works fine,If you don't have HVAC gauges you will need to change the suction fitting to pipe thread and add a shut off valve.
It doesn't need a big compressor, I use an 8 gallon one I bought from HF for about $100.00 to run it.
And yes I use pickle jars among other types and pull about 25hg/
I have been doing this for 2 years with no mishaps.

cozee

Sweet, smaller compressors will work! That makes this unit even more a viable vacuum source!! Rock on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom