Harbor Freight Equipment Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

Most of you know that I work in a HFT Retail store in Pittsburgh.I would like to get started in casting and see that most of you use our pressure pot and vacume pump..My question is in all the pics I have seen of the set up the red vacume pump is the one bieng used. We dont stock that one any more..Will the blue one work?..I think the red one was for R8 and the blue one is for R34 (correct me if Im wrong)..
There is an internet coupon for the blue one for $8.99 and I think the pressure pot is on sale for$49.99..so I may just jump in to this

Harold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beamer

It should, they've both got the same venturi in 'em ... I think the only difference is that they use different fittings on the outside - you might need to find different adaptors to mkae it work

rhahnfl

Hey Harold... I've got a red one on the way from your online store. They apparently still have them. The guy at my local store said the fitting on the blue one is for R-134... who cares? No one is going to check on you. If you can find the adapter go for it. I'd try my local Pep Boys or NAPA. Good luck and keep us posted.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
They are exactly the same. The external fittings (which you remove anyway) are threaded onto "internal" fittings which are the same.

Where ever you get your additional fittings from, the cast fittings leak through the cast so be sure to get forged fittings (or seal the cast ones with CA).

GK

Dario

Re: fittings. I second Jason. You will probably have better luck at your local hardware stores like Ace, Lowes and Home Depot. The components may be scattered in different areas though so look at the plumbing and also the gas supplies dept.

stevers

I used Greg's ideas and threw in a few of my own. There will be a tutorial up on the home page real soon for setting up a pressure/vacuum pot. The two vac pumps are identical inside, just diff fittings. Whichever one you can get the cheapest is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom