Happy Holidays from Long Island

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EdM

Good morning, fellow penmen !
I'm new to pen turning, and woodworking in general, and have recently invested in the tools and supplies I'll need to create some beautiful items.
I'd really appreciate some advice on where to source the most cost effective and unique wood blanks, as those are where I'm beginning this journey ! I also need good quality turning tools, as the ones I bought from Harbor Freight, while useful, really don't hold an edge, requiring sharpening after turning 3-5 oak blanks....

Regards,
Ed Moss
North Bellmore, N.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Oak will dull just about anything. I have the HF set, keep the low speed grinder two steps from the lathe. Welcome to the forum. Used to live in Queens, about 2 miles from the 69th Street exit off the LIE...the world's longest parking lot.

TonyL

Welcome! Similar to Woodchipper, raised in Queens, attended Fordham in the Bronx, moved to Manhasset/Port Washington.....now in Alpharetta, GA. I have a few friends in North Bellmore. I played a lot of baseball in one of their fine parks. I will send a pm with my phone number. I am no expert, but I am pleased with my sharpening skills.

Top Bottom