Happy Birthday......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

VERN! That must have been AWFUL when you were a kid with your birthday so close to Christmas! :eek:Can you even remember THAT far back?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Verne

Rick, thanks for the thoughts. Yeah, I can still remember part of the way back. Got a real surprise from SWMBO. She found some old 35mm canister's laying around and had them developed. Sez we had been dragging them around forever and she wanted to see what was on them. Some pictures taken while I was in the USAF in No. Africa and the Azores. No. Africa was all decked out waiting for Pres. Eisenhower and I caught it on film (kinda). Used to pull TDY's on the Azores and lot's of pictures from there. What a blast from the past.
Poor kid that developed the slides said that he had never seen the kind of airplanes we were flying at the time.
Had I known I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of myself.
Thanks again for the thoughts.
Vern

Rick_G

Happy birthday Vern. Mine's in 4 days so I know exactly how you felt a Christmas and on the birthday. We have a little in common I used to go into the Azores when I was with the RCAF back in the 60's, spend a few days there and fly back to Canada.

Verne

Rick, ah, the good ole days...90 on the Azores and then 90 days on the Goose! Here is a picture of some of my airplanes.
Vern

Attachments

• 736740-R1-E092_033.jpg
    736740-R1-E092_033.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Rick_G

Can't tell from the picture for sure what they are Vern. Here's one of the beasts I used to work on. Argus used for anti sub warfare. Used to take us 18 hours to get anywhere, they would do a patrol to and from.

Attachments

• argus.jpg
    argus.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 90

Verne

Rick,
The picture is of 4 KC-97s sitting on Alert. We rotated one about every 2 or 3 days. Only purpose was to refuel bombers on their way to a drop. Or whatever. Spent 90 days TDY adn if not on Alert on Lages you were probably in Madrid, or Morocco. Then we got to go back, get clean clothes and pull 90 days at The Goose. Goose Bay, Labrador that is. Thanks for the reply. Love reliving the "good ole dayz".
Vern

Top Bottom