Half and Half Bowl ? ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Didn't know whether to call it half and half or saber tooth tiger or what . .lol . .
It was a couple scraps of boards in my shop after lunch today and I decided to turn them into something .
It has been said by some that this type of glue up would require a thickness sander to do it safely . Not having a thickness sander I made up a quick little jig for my belt sander and between that and the planer it turned out fine. Of course the most time involved with making this sort of thing is waiting for glue to dry in a few stages. But I had it ready for a finish before dinner and applied a quick rattle can finish on it after dinner.
It is only 7" diameter but now that I have a better way of going about this type than my last attempt I will be able to make some bigger ones.

407319647.jpg

407319646.jpg

407319645.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Its really an eye catching design. I bet many people would be drawn to your sale table if this bowl was prominantly displayed. By the way, the pieces of wood were very nice as well. The grain in the dark wood is especially interesting.

An exceptional piece, especially for "scrap" boards. Thanks for posting it.

Top Bottom