"Guy Food"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

There are a few things I make that people love; like chicken wings. I am often trying new sauces just to see. Eventhough I go to Buffalo Wild Wings and have probably gotten over a dozen wings challenge shirts.

My biggest one is Italian Potatoes. You take RED potatoes (cuz they have the best flavor), and cut them up. Get a bottle of Zesty Italian dressing. Put it all in foil and on the grill. You have to cook them slow it does take usually an hour.

I cooked them one day and was working on something outside by the time I got inside my wife, mother-in-law, daughter, and grandmother had finished them off. I would say there was probably 3 lbs of potatoes I made that day.

As a kid camping my grandmother made them on the fire also. My wife tries making them in the stove, but it isn't the same.

What are your "Guy Food" that you make?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pfde4

Grilled chicken wings toss them in homemade hot pepper jelly that has been melted in the microwave.

Haynie

Smoked butt and smoked chicken. Every Christmas I smoke 2 chickens and 2 butts. The plan is that as people arrive and things are getting crazy we can munch on this. The chickens do not last the night, and there is maybe one pulled pork sandwich by the end of the next day. Last year I did not even get to taste the chicken.

There is very little that I would deem NOT guy food. Unless you mean like tea sandwiches.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Potato Beer Cheese Soup. Absolutly perfect for the colder times of the year.

I'm also a huge chili fan. But most people consider it spaghetti as I have noodles in it.

Akula

Fajitas (beef and chicken) or Steaks on the grill. I'm very picky on steaks, I don't just buy them if they are on sale. If I'm going to eat a steak, then it will be the best I can get at the time. In other words, we don't do steaks often LOL but they are the bomb when I do them.

Inside it's Chili or Chicken Fried Steak

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Potato Beer Cheese Soup. Absolutly perfect for the colder times of the year.

I'm also a huge chili fan. But most people consider it spaghetti as I have noodles in it.

what is potato beer cheese soup?

It's something I made up, and now make it all the time. It's yukon gold potato's, Sam Adams winter lager, Some roasted Corn, Bacon, Cheese, and a few other things.
If you want I can send you the recipe.

Crickett

There are a few things I make that people love; like chicken wings. I am often trying new sauces just to see. Eventhough I go to Buffalo Wild Wings and have probably gotten over a dozen wings challenge shirts.

My biggest one is Italian Potatoes. You take RED potatoes (cuz they have the best flavor), and cut them up. Get a bottle of Zesty Italian dressing. Put it all in foil and on the grill. You have to cook them slow it does take usually an hour.

I cooked them one day and was working on something outside by the time I got inside my wife, mother-in-law, daughter, and grandmother had finished them off. I would say there was probably 3 lbs of potatoes I made that day.

As a kid camping my grandmother made them on the fire also. My wife tries making them in the stove, but it isn't the same.

What are your "Guy Food" that you make?

I make something along the same line as your potato recipe except I microwave the potatoes first to cut down the cooking time and sometimes bake them in the oven at 400.

PenMan1

Whole pork shoulder 48 hours over Georgia Pecan and "green apple" smoke wood, finished with Eastern N.C. Vinegar sauce doesn't last very long in the Man Cave here!

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Well Here it is. This is just something I came up with about 2 years ago.

List of Ingredients.

12 Yulkon Gold Potato's (diced)
24 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
12 0z. of Sam Adams winter lager (Any heavy lager will work as this is a seasonal beer)
8 oz Heavy Cream
4 ears of roasted corn (stripped off the cob)
1 1/2 cups of onions
10 oz Beef or Chicken stock
6 bacon strips (cooked and diced)
1 tbsp roasted garlic
2 tbsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 1/2 tbsp of salt

Directions

Add Heavy Cream, beef/chicken stock, yukon gold's, Sam Adam's, garlic, cayenne, and salt to your pot. Cook on medium heat for about an hour. Then add corn, onions, cheese, and bacon. Cook for another 20 minutes on low to medium heat. Then voila it's ready to eat.
I'm sure there are other ways of cooking, but this is how I do it.
Let me know if you guys like it.

And i'm sure this is extremely healthy :)

Last edited:

PenMan1

Dang Ernie. That sounds wonderful and like something I used to make and enjoy.

My doctor had another name of the soup, though. He called it heart attack in a bowl. Heavy cream, potatoes, beer and bacon in one soup! Sounds like heaven to me!

Rick_G

Memphis slow cooked smoked ribs. Steak preferably T bone.

My brother talked me into getting a Foodsaver vacuum sealer a couple years ago. The company says meat is good for 2 years when sealed. I can attest to 1 year. Had a T bone last night that I froze just over a year ago I couldn't tell it had been frozen. Get all my meat in the winter now when it is 1/2 price. Put the package in lukewarm water for about 1/2 hour before cooking to thaw then cook as usual. I'm getting to eat a lot more steak now.

Top Bottom