Guitar Kits from Grizzly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulSF

PaulSF

Has anyone tried the guitar kits from Grizzly? If so, are they any good? I don't even play guitar, but it seems like a fun and relatively easy project. Plus, once I've made the guitar, I kinda have to learn to play it!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Don't know about Grizzly , I got mine from here www.guitarfetish.com . They come with ZERO instructions , but I got some pointers from Chriselle here on the forum . The Stratocaster is next on my list . I've decided to go the extra mile and spend a little more to get a better body and neck . These kits are OK but it was recommended that I upgrade parts . I'm glad I did . My Tele is done now and , I'm just about to post photos . Good luck with your build , and have fun . I did ! :biggrin:

PaulSF

Well, that thread (and seeing the page in the Grizzly catalog) is what prompted my interest. I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars for my first one, though.

Bree

I made a Grizzly banjo. The kit had good components and good instructions. It was fun to make and it sounds great except that I am not Earl Scruggs and can't play it very well. I did crack a tuning knob somehow after it was built and will be doing an epoxy repair on it one of these days.

Other than that it has held up well during the couple of years since I built it. Came with a real good Remo head and has a nice twangy sound.
:wink::wink::wink:

PaulSF

There's a very funny Flatt & Scruggs song, I can't think of the name of it, where the guys alternate verses singing to a woman about why she should stay away from the other guy.

Rfturner

I don't know about grizzly but I just got a les paul copy off ebay it may be cheaper and better quality to use Ebay, I have never used grizzly before and the guitar I bought will be the first one so...

Top Bottom