Guild

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

Although looking through the galleries is good, keep in mind that those who decide whether to accept your submission or not are looking for original methods or materials. So pulling inspiration from previous entries may not be the best route.

Turned Around

i keep hearing about the guild, i've looked at the galleries (amazing pens) but i'm not sure what you gain from being in that association. can anybody clarify that for me?

sbell111

I made a list of things that one gains from being in the guild. It is as follows:

1. You get to say that you are in the guild.

workinforwood

go visit the galleries, the first pen you see for any person you click on is their entry pen. Being in the guild doesn't do a lot for you but makes you feel good, and that always counts for something.

Texatdurango

i keep hearing about the guild, i've looked at the galleries (amazing pens) but i'm not sure what you gain from being in that association. can anybody clarify that for me?

Sure, that's easy to clarify. When you submit a pen for membership consideration and are accepted, THEN you have answered your question! :)

Since the submission pens are closely scrutinized for quality and craftsmanship, in my case becoming a member was a source of satisfaction that I crafted a pen that seasoned pen makers considered a nice pen!

Seer

My goal is to get into the guild and I feel I have a ways to go but to me like George said it is the satisfaction of knowing Seasoned Pen Makers consider your work worthy.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
A hot cup of coffee and being accepted into the Guild will both give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.:biggrin:

When you decide to submit a pen for consideration all those "thats good enough" decisions go out the window. You realize that 5 people will scrutinize your pen for flaws. Any flaw. Like entering in the competitions, this makes you make a better pen, and become a better pen maker.

Texatdurango

A hot cup of coffee and being accepted into the Guild will both give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.:biggrin:

When you decide to submit a pen for consideration all those "thats good enough" decisions go out the window. You realize that 5 people will scrutinize your pen for flaws. Any flaw. Like entering in the competitions, this makes you make a better pen, and become a better pen maker.

I don't know if you still can or not but when I submitted mine you could see the comments made by the judges and believe me, you would be surprised with what they can find, even little details you think might be overlooked!

It's a good measure of your penmaking for sure!

Haynie

I hear you get to learn a super secret special handshake and wear really awesome pen shaped fezzes at the meetings. :biggrin:

Top Bottom