Guide for Bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

cwasil and mudder are working on a chart that shows bushing diameters for for different pen kits. ODs will vary from kit to kit. There are only two standard pen mandrel sizes so IDs for bushings will be one or the other. Most people will be using the so called "7 mm" mandrels which ranges in diameter from 0.243" to 0.247" depending on the maker. The "8 mm"(B) mandrel has a diameter of 0.291" (I think) and is not used on very many kits. The "B" mandrel is made by Berea and used with a few of their kits. Rockler, Hut, Woodcraft and a few others resell some of the Berea kits and also require the larger mandrel.

JimGo

Ron,
There's also something along these lines in the Yahoo pen turner's group. I'm at work now so I can't check it, but I think it has most of what you're looking for.

Randy_

Jim is correct!! there is some sort of table on the Yahoo board. Chad and Mudder mentioned it and said they incorporated that information into their work. Should have done it the first time but will add a link here in a moment to the chart that was posted by C & M. Maybe it will have the information that you need or maybe you can add something to it.

Link:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5021&SearchTerms=form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom