Guess what material win a kit & blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

DONNIE KENNEDY IS RIGHT< ELFORYN
Never mind Donnie Kennedy is right, it is Elforyn. It smells like vanilla when you turn it and looks very cool, but it is expensive. Probably $30.00 bucks worth in the pen, Donnie pm me your address

IPD_Mrs

So is there anything else that it is used for besides pool cues and Peter's new found use? I can't imagine that it was developed solely for the pool industry and is fluorescent.

Peter, I have to say that while your design is interesting, it would most likely be viewed as an inappropriate shape in some conservative states. :eek::biggrin::eek:

As I mentioned to aggromere in my PM, if he had not mentioned pool cues, the list in this thread would still be growing. As a side note, a couple of years ago my brother asked me about turning a upper shaft for one of his cues and elforyn just so happened to be one of the ferrule materials I researched.

Funny how trivial tid-bits of knowledge comes into play sometimes.

:)

aggromere

It turns really nice and looks a lot like ivory. I will post a pic when I get it finished and do a close up. It was very easy to turn and smelled like vanilla. It is pricey though, $42.00 for a 1inch by 12inch piece. As Donnie said, it is used as an ivory substitute in ferrules, joint collars and butt plates.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very cool Peter..

As for closing it... since its not an ad - there is no reason to close it.. You have your winner, but no reason to shut down discussion on the material.

At that price, even not as a full pen, it may make great inlays/segmenting.

aggromere

http://elforyn.info/Materialen.htm

This is a link to some info about the material.

The pen is going to be a special pen for a cigar reviewer. He can't show preference to any brand or wrapper (color) so this pen is going to have a decal band with his logo and engraved or decaled with, "The Ghost Cigar". I know it sounds stupid now, but at the time (several beers with him) we both thought it a grand idea. LOL.

Top Bottom