Guess I need to make someone some antler pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I work part time at a small Mom & Pop hardware store. The current owner is the daughter of the man that started the store over 30 years ago.
On the days I work, I eat lunch in a small break room that had 12 antler racks on the walls. This past Monday, I asked her if the racks had any special meaning to her and if not, would she be interested in selling any or trading them for some pens. She told me that the racks were some her uncle had shot years ago and she put them in the break room because she didn't know what else to do with them. Said she would think about what she wanted to do with them.
Friday, after lunch, she told me to bring all the racks from the break room to her office. About an hour later, she called me to the office and asked if the 5 sets on the cart would suit my purpose.
Antler.jpg
Needless to say I said yes. All of the racks were from kills her uncle had made back in the 60's. Most were labeled on the back with the location, date, distance and if they were standing or running when shot.
I'll be making her a several pens this next week.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

Nice score
I dont think I could cut them up for pens.

wouldnt have a problem doing if they where not mounted and had the history attach to them.

Skie_M

Generally a single antler could sell for 15 - 25 dollars ... but a matched pair? and already mounted on a plaque? You're talking 75 - 125 dollars for each mounted rack.

That's a hell of a nice gift for her to drop in your lap ... I'm looking forward to seeing some amazing pens delivered in return! :)

Mannie,
If you need more, jump in your Caddie and head north on I45 to Exit 178 (highway 79 West) to Jewett and see the folks at the Trade Mart... on the left just as you enter the town... they have a room full of antler.. various types and sizes...

Top Bottom