Grumping outloud

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MatthewZS

I just need to complain a bit. It's not against anyone here and I won't name names...... Just venting.

So I had a bunch of pens in a local shop... well, local-ish for months now. They sell a bit, nothing earthshattering. Well due to my moving back to Oregon I went to pull them out of the shop. After I returned home I sat down to look them over out of nostalgia when something catches my eye. One of the Pens was a fountain pen, low end gold plated kit that was brand new and full of ink when I dropped it off months ago. Today I try to write with it and I notice it's out of ink. There is no ink IN the cap or on the pen anywhere, so it didn't leak out. I also notice that the plating on the threads on both end is worn and grungy looking like the cap had been taken off and put back on dozens of times a day for the whole time it was there.... and it wasn't on display, it was in the back room when they went to get it so SOMEONE sat there and used this pen day in and day out to doodle or do paperwork or something.

Grrrr

It's not a high end pen, so really it's just the principal of the thing.

Ok, done now.

jimm1

I dealt with the same thing, so the next time I stocked up, I gave the store owner his pick of the litter and asked him to stick with that pen so the others wouldn't get bothered. It looks as if it worked.

Top Bottom