Group buy: taps to match the Sharpie Fine Point Refill #1751000

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

duncsuss

please note: this is the refill for Sharpie Stainless Steel Pen Grip #1747388, not for the Sharpie Stainless Steel Pen Grip Fine Point Pen #1800730

A - Items to be purchased: Tapco 0.450-26 taps (either taper, or plug, or bottom, or any combination thereof)

When signing up for this group buy, please specify how many of each type of tap you wish to buy. For example:

1 x plug tap
2 x bottom tap

B - Price per unit:

minimum number of pieces for group buy: 12
between 12 and 23 pieces: $34.90 each
24 or more pieces: $29.40

C - additional costs:

1. share of shipping cost from Tapco to me (estimated by Tapco at $15) / # pieces
2. cost of shipping from me to you (within USA: USPS Small Flat Rate Box, $5.95; outside USA by agreement)
3. Insurance: within USA, the first $50 insurance is included in the cost of a SFRB, so for a single tap insurance is free. A second tap will incur a charge of $2.60 for insurance. A third tap would be $3.30 (unless we reach the 24-piece price level, in which case it would still be $2.60.)
4. any Paypal fees subtracted from payments you send me

D - I will accept payment by Paypal initiated by you *or* I can send a Payment Request which lets you pay by credit card even if you don't have a Paypal account

E - I will ship internationally by USPS using any level of service you request. If you choose a method that does not offer tracking and insurance (or if it's not available to your country), I will expect you to bear any losses in the event of damage or non-arrival.

F - I will close the buy signup at noon Eastern Time on Saturday, November 29, 2014 provided there are commitments to buy at least 12 items.

After the signup is closed, I will compute everyone's costs and send by PM, with my Paypal address.

Please make payment as soon as possible after I've let you know your costs, and I will place the order with Tapco once I've received all payments.

If you are unable to pay within a reasonable time frame (let's say, by noon Wednesday December 3, 2014) and I haven't heard from you, your order will be cancelled from the group buy so the rest of the group is not held up.

G - Any leftover funds will be donated to IAP

H - These taps are manufactured to order, typically no more than 2 working days turnaround, but this cannot be guaranteed -- signing up for this group buy signifies acceptance of the fact that we are not in control of delivery dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

duncsuss

With the requests from ChathamPenWorks, BSea, JDennis, Chuck Key, Cmiles1985 (and my own), we are at 10 pieces.

It looks certain that we'll hit the 12 piece minimum, and we might reach the next price break at 24 pieces.

toddlajoie

My apologies: you are quite right. The tap matches the 1751000 refill, but I got the Sharpie pen # wrong. (Curse that Amazon search function :rolleyes:)

Still -- the pen body is what we are aiming to replace with our craftsmanship, it doesn't affect the tap or refill.

Cool, I wanted to be sure that the refill part was correct, as the markers are what I was interested in. They do sell the refills for the pens you mentioned, but considering the pen kits we have available, I don't see the point in making those...

Put me in for one plug tap Please and Thank You!!

duncsuss

We're well on our way -- current count is 18 pieces. Here's my spreadsheet, please let me know if I got your request wrong.

Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]
[FONT=Courier New]DuncSuss           1 bottom    1 plug    
ChathamPenWorks    1 bottom    1 plug    
BSea               1 bottom    1 plug    
JDennis                        1 plug    
Chuck Key                      1 plug    
Cmiles1985         1 bottom    1 plug    
Alex D                                   1 taper
Grampy122          1 bottom    1 plug    
Curly              1 bottom    2 plug    
papaturner                     1 plug    
toddlajoie                     1 plug[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]
[/FONT]

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thats it you can close the doors and call it done. No reason to let anyone else in on this. No siree Bob, no reason to take anymore orders!

duncsuss

Thats it you can close the doors and call it done. No reason to let anyone else in on this. No siree Bob, no reason to take anymore orders!

:biggrin:

I could, I suppose. But for purely selfish reasons, I won't close the door just yet (and besides, I have to check with Mannie that it would be acceptable to do so without having said up front that early closing was a possibility.)

Oh, and Jonathon Brooks (and several others) expressed interest in the research thread but haven't chimed in here yet. I'll send them another PM to let them know they should get a move on.

duncsuss

Currently at 26 pieces. Here's the list, please let me know if I've got your request wrong.

Code:
[FONT=Courier New]DuncSuss           1 bottom    1 plug
ChathamPenWorks    1 bottom    1 plug
BSea               1 bottom    1 plug
JDennis                        1 plug
Chuck Key                      1 plug
Cmiles1985         1 bottom    1 plug
Alex D                         1 plug
Grampy122          1 bottom    1 plug
Curly              1 bottom    2 plug
papaturner                     1 plug
toddlajoie                     1 plug