Group buy question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

And if you're interested in Micromesh, http://www.woodchipshome.com has some of the best prices around. Craft Supplies puts different sand paper on sale occasionally, too

johneaton

Hi,
John Eaton here; the guy who wanted to do the (what I call) co-op pen kit buy out of China. I never could get information as to how to insure the transaction; but I do have a company name and purchase reequirements from the company who sells a lot of kits and boxes to those we buy from now. A minimum of 2,000 pen kits, or wood boxes. The fancy slimline kit is .68/unit; the basic fountain pen w/ the screw on top is $1.39/unit. The wood boxes range from .75 to 1.25/unit depending on which type. That's a lot of savings. Hopefully, there is a penturner/lawyer/businessperson type out there who can help a large number of us who have expressed an interest and get his or her own prices cut significantly in the process. My initial inquiry got something like 1,100 reads and a large number of interested responses. Does anyone have any idea where we go from here. John Eaton, Jonesboro, AR eatonjkeith@yahoo.com

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by johneaton
<br />Hi,
John Eaton here; the guy who wanted to do the (what I call) co-op pen kit buy out of China. I never could get information as to how to insure the transaction; but I do have a company name and purchase reequirements from the company who sells a lot of kits and boxes to those we buy from now. A minimum of 2,000 pen kits, or wood boxes. The fancy slimline kit is .68/unit; the basic fountain pen w/ the screw on top is $1.39/unit. The wood boxes range from .75 to 1.25/unit depending on which type. That's a lot of savings. Hopefully, there is a penturner/lawyer/businessperson type out there who can help a large number of us who have expressed an interest and get his or her own prices cut significantly in the process. My initial inquiry got something like 1,100 reads and a large number of interested responses. Does anyone have any idea where we go from here. John Eaton, Jonesboro, AR eatonjkeith@yahoo.com

John

I have taken the next step, and have ordered a sample set from them to check the quality of the product. I will not order these unless I know the quality is what we normally expect. I will run them through some tests, and get a few opinions from the turners here in my part of the country that I respect. I will post the results somewhere though on the forums when the "tests" are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom