Group buy insurance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have informed Jeff of a possible misconception of how postal insurance works and a possible exposure of the coordinator when group buy purchases are made using PayPal or Credit Card.

Shippers should understand that in most cases insurance is to protect the shipper, not the buyer.

And, my experience has been that if the package is not delivered the seller is going to be held responsible in any dispute or charge back. A disclaimer will not protect you - the attitude is the seller is responsible until the package is delivered - not just until he/she turns it over to the carrier. If you have ever sold on eBay you know they will not allow the seller to make a separate insurance charge....well that's why.

I think most of the vendors who ship regularily know this and set their shipping charges accordingly. I personally self insure most packages but over a certain amount (wholesale price) I purchase 3rd party insurance on the package.

I believe (since the number of group buys is increasing) that we (IAP) better get a full understanding of this before someone gets burned.

Top Bottom