Grizzly G0555 Band Saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

MY G0555 tension adjusting mechanism locked up and in an email chain with Grizzly I found out what to order - adjusting screw and square nut! Well I got them and now I am stuck. I am pretty good with my hands but not a mechanic. Grizzly said something about backing off the stop collars and cutting the screw? I don't see how this will work - Has anyone had this problem and what is the simplest way to change it? I don't want to apart anything I don't have to!
Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Keith...wish you Joy in repairing your Grizzly band saw! I have a similar Grizzley bandsaw (their Anniversary edition...) and couldn't be more pleased! I hope to use it for many, many years sooo I'm interested in your difficulties... Please keep all Grizzley 555 owners appraised of your results/difficulties/successes! Thanks in advance and safe turning to you always!

Dan Masshardt

Glad you got it. It's literally only about 5 bolts I think to take the entire top apart.

Mine is a little older model though. New one could be a little different.

keithbyrd

I realized that I was what caused the problem in the first place- nothing wrong with the saw. When I purchased the saw I also bought the riser block. I followed the instructions for installing the riser block but did not follow them for adjusting the tension assembly. It has always been hard to adjust but I thought it was just a stiff mechanism and that was what you got with Grizzly! After doing this correctly the tension is very easy to adjust!! And the initial change would have been very easy to do - certainly a lot easier than the repair I did last night! I have always dreaded changing blades because it was so hard o adjust!! I imagine my accuracy in cutting will go up!

Top Bottom