Grizzly 0555P Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

....any concerns about this machine from personal experience? Any input would b appreciated before I pull the trigger. TIA......Jan
Grizzly.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Jan --- Just saw a flyer on a new Rigid band saw -- 14 inch with a 9 inch resaw height and priced under $500.

Worth taking a peek and perhaps looking at your local Home Depot

Dan Masshardt

Jan --- Just saw a flyer on a new Rigid band saw -- 14 inch with a 9 inch resaw height and priced under $500. Worth taking a peek and perhaps looking at your local Home Depot
hmm...interesting.

I would assume it would carry the lifetime service plan like their other tools...

Janster

Jan --- Just saw a flyer on a new Rigid band saw -- 14 inch with a 9 inch resaw height and priced under $500. Worth taking a peek and perhaps looking at your local Home Depot
hmm...interesting.

I would assume it would carry the lifetime service plan like their other tools...

Does not include a fence or miter as far as I could tell? And it was .75 hp

Olsarge

had mine for about 6 years and love it (with riser). The two speed is nice. haven't used it a lot, but sometimes it comes in handy. Dennis

KenV

hmm...interesting.

Does not include a fence or miter as far as I could tell? And it was .75 hp

The one I was looking at was 11.5 amps -- 1 HP motor

3 year warranty is what is listed by Home Depot --

$449

Sawdust1825

The G0555LANV looks like the best deal. Has cast iron wheels and is $80 less so it cancels out the shipping cost. Or covers the cost of the riser block. You can do a side by side comparison on the Grizzly website. I have no experience with any of them but like the value Grizzly tools offer.

Last edited:

RDH79

I have the 0555 also. When I first got it cut terrible. The blade that came with it was garbage. Changed the blade to one I had bought from Bandsaw Direct and it has been cutting great . I have used 1/8" to the max 1/2" blades.

Old Codger

I just purchased the Grizzly G0555LANV and it's currently sitting in my garage ready to be put together and used! From what I've read, researched and heard, it's a great BS and I'm sure I'll be quite pleased with it. I'm going down tomorrow A.M. 1st thing and pick up a mobile stand and new Timberwolf Blade as I've heard that the mfg blade that is included is #R%@... I'll let everyone know what I think once I put it together and check it out for a few weeks... If anyone also has one, please comment on your experiences! Thanks and safe turning to all!

Jim Burr

Banned
I just purchased the Grizzly G0555LANV and it's currently sitting in my garage ready to be put together and used! From what I've read, researched and heard, it's a great BS and I'm sure I'll be quite pleased with it. I'm going down tomorrow A.M. 1st thing and pick up a mobile stand and new Timberwolf Blade as I've heard that the mfg blade that is included is #R%@... I'll let everyone know what I think once I put it together and check it out for a few weeks... If anyone also has one, please comment on your experiences! Thanks and safe turning to all!

Timberwolf blades are amazing!!! The stock blade was good for about 4 cuts and good-bye! Woodslicer is useless and they never back up their product. Ellis is another great manufacturer of blades.
The 0555 comes with a good fence and fair miter. Fence has served me well for a year and a half.

Old Codger

I totally agree with you Jim regarding Timberwolf bandsaw blades! I've use them on my smaller BS's and couldn't be happier! I picked up a new Timberwolf blade when I purchased my new Grizzly GO555LANV and will place the mfg's blade as a back up since I live less than a couple miles from the local Grizzly showroom. A note...I also picked up a ShopFox mobile base but purchased the smaller one by mistake...by the middle of the line D2057A heavy duty base as it's the correct size for the GO555LANV as it's base is a little larger than the Pro model that uses a smaller base but with a full cabinet w/shelves. Don't ask me how I know... ;>) Can't wait to put my new BS to together and get ready to turn a few blanks! Safe turning to all and Merry Christmas to all!

Dalepenkala

Jan I've had mine with the riser block and wouldn't want anything else. For the money I think it's a great saw! Don't think you'd go wrong with it.

Janster

Mine is "On The Way". I ended up ordering the Grizzly 0555LX - 14" Deluxe Bandsaw with the Riser. Now I just gotta get a Jim Burr special on some new Blades! I purchased it last yesterday and it too came w/free shipping.......Jan

robertkulp

Been thinking about the 0555P while they have free shipping for it. Would go ahead and include the riser for 12" resaw since I have some logs that are larger than 6" across. Looks like I'll need a Timberwolf blade, too.

This has been a very useful thread and I know I won't go wrong with this machine. Thanks for the info.

low_48

I've read a fair number of reports of short bearing life and short tire life on that bandsaw. Grizzly has been hit or miss for me. After the last big miss, I decided to never buy another Grizzly machine. I'm a real believer in you get what you pay for, and you sure don't pay much for that machine.

Dalepenkala

Mine is "On The Way". I ended up ordering the Grizzly 0555LX - 14" Deluxe Bandsaw with the Riser. Now I just gotta get a Jim Burr special on some new Blades! I purchased it last yesterday and it too came w/free shipping.......Jan

Congrats on pulling the string Jan! I think you will be happy with it! I know I am! As far as tires and bearing issues go, when that happens my plan is to do the carters upgrades! I know several guys that have done it with other brands and said it was the best upgrades for their band saw.

Give us a quick update on the saw once you get it setup and running!

Have fun making some dust!

Top Bottom